Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bad Poetry Day

Here we are again in that hyper-emotional hormone drenched whirlwind we call high school. It's been a typical first day, and yet one that I've anticipated for years. Ever since my wife first became pregnant around 15 years ago I've wondered, "What if one of our kids is in my class some day?" That day is here and so far I have not totally embarrassed him. In fact, it's just good to see him there. This morning when the entire student body was crammed in the gymnasium and I was walking past the freshmen, a smiling face was suddenly near me with an outstretched hand to high-five me. You can call it corny, but I think he's about as cool as he can be.

Now, if you're in the market for bad limericks, he's just getting warmed up at Random Thoughts with Professor Chuck. As I've done before, I will now attempt to answer his limerick with another that's just as bad.

(ahem)

There once was an old chef from Sparta
In love with his seamstress named Marta
He gave her roast goose
In cheese and fruit juice
With a greasy wet smooch a la carte.

Yup, it's bad poetry day. I bet mine is worse. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment