Monday, September 27, 2010

Homecoming 2010

Homecoming has come and gone. It was really fun and very memorable. For fear of rain we packed up our equipment prematurely and gave up playing live at the Thursday rally. Instead, we used the cd. The paper printed a picture with a whole lot of dancers with their hands in the air out on the football field. That was really cool, but the live band looked sad when it was over. Anyway, we still had Friday. The only thing wrong with that was that our guitarist, Jesse, got sick and had to miss that, too. He's one of those nice guys who deserves better.

Still, we cheered, I rapped (ha!), I announced, I sang, I danced. It was silly, good fun and the team won the game as well. Through it all, the professor was a regular rock star. It was his most fun week of high school. He rocked the keyboards, the drum line, and he had fun at the dance. I guess what I feel the most about all of this is thankful. A couple of my colleagues expressed amazement that I would get out and lead the students in a dance. I'm kind of surprised myself. In high school I was always too afraid to dance. I guess it took me years to get up the nerve, but there are some high-schoolers out there, mine included, who will never forget the fun we had together on Homecoming 2010. I love this town and I love this school. I hope the multi-media class makes a video that preserves it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment