Thursday, July 29, 2010

Progress

I posted a slide-show on my wife's facebook page using photopeach. It was a small thing, just pictures of friends at my birthday party with captions I added. At the time I was cursing it because I had to download the pictures three times. Twice I somehow erased all my work and had to start over. Frustrating, yes, but i little while ago I heard myself saying, "That was fun." I love creative projects like that; I just hate it that I'm so slow on the learning curve. When things like that begin to work I can see myself really loving technology . . . selectively.

For instance, I use a program called "Finale:PrintMusic" that allows me to arrange music. I use it so much that I've forgotten all the steps I had to go through to learn it. Because I use it so much I love it. So if I persist in my efforts to add presentation tools to my students' assignments, I'll get there. More importantly, I might be able to create a few more memorable presentations for family and friends. Yeah, that really IS fun.

Fred's 45th on PhotoPeach



If this worked, it's even more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment