Friday, July 30, 2010

Spelling and Inspiration

So my little slide show worked and now it has had 70 views. Granted, a dozen of those are mine because I was just so happy that it worked. It's at this point that my loving family points out that I misspelled a word. (If you didn't catch it, I'm not going to tell you.) I'll eventually get in there and revise it, but I don't have the password at the moment.

Little errors like that could make a real wizard's spells backfire in a big way. In my case an english teacher who makes simple spelling mistakes can take a lot of flak. Luckily, I have a secure base of allies. For instance, my mom just got me a dragon for my birthday. It's a desktop statue of a winged, imposing snouted beastie with huge claws wrapped around a wooden post. Dragons are not only awe-inspiring; they're just plain inspiring. Spelling errors or no, I'll probably be compelled to write more soon. Mom knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment